Apptoto can integrate with Office 365 in multiple ways. In summary those methods include:
- Individual Calendars: Each user has to connect their calendar to Apptoto. Shared and public calendars can not be access using this method.
- Sign up your Organization: A “Global Administrator” can sign up you organization for Apptoto and then Calendars can be added by simply entering the calendar owner’s email address. Shared calendars can be accessed through this method. Public calendars can not be.
- Exchange Connector: Our Exchange Connector can be used to link Apptoto to your Office 365 organization. Both shared and public calendars can be accessed using this method. The EWS Url for Office 365 is https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx .
Connecting Individual Calendars (through Oauth)
This method allows you to connect any one of an Office 365 user’s calendars to Apptoto. Unfortunately it does not allow you to access calendars that have been shared with the user. If you need to access shared calendars, then consider using the “Sign up your Organization”, or “Exchange Connector” methods.
Step 1: Navigate to your “Appointments” tab and click the “+Add Calendar” button
Step 2: Select the ‘Office 365’ option
This will direct you to the Office 365 login page. Enter the credentials for the account you want to connect here.
Step 3: Select calendar
In the drop-down menu, select the calendar that you want to have synced to your Apptoto account, then click the “Add Office 365 Calendar” button.
Step 4: Check the “Appointments” tab
Go to Apptoto.com, click “My Account” in the top right, then click on the “Appointments” tab. Confirm that your calendars appear in Apptoto.
Now that your calendars are connected, next steps to setting up your account is to set up your default messages. For a walkthrough of that, see message setup.
Sign up your Organization
If you are a “Global Administrator” for your organization, then you can bless Apptoto and allow Apptoto to access any calendar by email address. This is nice if you don’t want to have each of your users connect their calendar individually. There are pros and cons to this approach:
- Maintenance free (the connection stays up even if passwords change)
- Staff can easily manage which calendars are connected through the Apptoto website
- Only the calendars that you tell Apptoto to sync will be synced
- Technically Apptoto will have access to all calendars in your organization. With that said, Apptoto will not access any calendar unless explicitly told to do so.
Step 1: Navigate to “Settings” > “Integrations” tab
Expand the “Office 365 Options” section
Click on ‘Sign up my Organization’
Follow the Office 365 login prompts as the administrator.
Step 2: Add calendar by email
After you’ve done step 1 above, you can add calendars by going back to the “Settings” > “Integrations” tab, expanding the “Office 365” section, and clicking “Add Calendar By Email”