Did you know that your patients prefer text messages appointment reminders? Patient text message reminders have a 30% higher confirmation rate than phone calls and a whopping 150% higher confirmation rate than email.
But, how do you get started? We’ve got you covered with some patient appointment reminder samples, examples and templates.
Check out our Best Practices for Healthcare Appointment Reminders
HIPAA-Compliant Email & Text Messaging
Protecting your patients’ privacy and meeting regulations for HIPAA compliance is an essential part of your business. Apptoto’s automated appointment reminders and online scheduling for healthcare can enable you to send HIPAA-compliant appointment reminders and patient recall messaging. Apptoto integrates directly with your EMR or EHR system, so there is no need to change your current scheduling process. Apptoto will extract the details needed and then send customized and automated appointment reminders to your patients.
Reduce No-Shows and Operational Costs
With fewer missed appointments, late cancellations, no-shows, and late arrivals, you’ll have more time to help patients who need you. But, less no-shows also reduces the operational cost of your practice. With the national no-show average for doctors appointments being just under 20%, finding a way to reduce that by 50% without increasing staff costs can drastically impact your revenue.
When patients are able to choose their own appointment times without feeling rushed over the phone or while in line in your office, they’re more likely to choose one that will work when the day comes.
They then have the opportunity to confirm or cancel their appointment with appropriate notice when they receive their HIPAA-compliant appointment reminder via voice, text, or email. This gives your office the chance to refill vacated appointment slots which leads to more patients seen and fewer gaps in your working day.
Dentist Appointment Reminder Text Message Sample
- Hi [Patient First Name] – this is a reminder of your upcoming appointment with Dr. Geller at Bright White Smiles on [Appointment Day] at [Appointment Time]. Reply 1 to Confirm, 2 to Cancel or 3 to Reschedule.
- Hi [Patient First Name] – this is a reminder of your upcoming appointment with Dr. Geller/Dentist Name at [Appointment Time] on [Appointment Day]. To reschedule, please call 555-555-5555
- Reminder: [Dental Service Type] with Bright White Smiles on [Appointment Day] at [Appointment Time]
- Don’t forget! You have an appointment with Dr. Geller/Dentist at [Appointment Time] on [Appointment Day]. To reschedule, please call 555-555-5555
Dental Recall Appointment Reminders
- It’s time for you next cleaning with Dr. Geller/Dentist Name. Call 555-555-5555 or click here [Online Scheduling Link] to schedule your appointment.
- It’s that time again, [Patient Name]! Schedule your dental appointment with White Smile Dental soon. Call 555-555-5555 to make an appointment.
Patient Appointment Reminder Templates
- Hi [Patient First Name] – this is a reminder of your upcoming appointment with Dr. Grey/Doctor Name at [Appointment Time] on [Appointment Day]. To reschedule, please call 555-555-5555
- Hello! Just a quick reminder from [Doctor or Provider Name] about your appointment on [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time]. Please do not eat for 12 hours prior to your appointment. Reply 1 to Confirm, 2 to Cancel.
- Reminder: You have a consultation/check-up/health screening/eye exam with Dr. Grey at Happy Healthy Clinic tomorrow at [Appointment Time]. Reply 1 to Confirm or call 555-555-5555 to reschedule.
Patient Recall Appointment Reminders
- It’s time for your annual check-up. Schedule time with Dr. Carter/Doctor Name by calling 555-555-5555 or clicking here [Online Scheduling Link]
- We miss you, [Patient Name]! Schedule your annual check-up with Dr. Yang. Call us at 555-555-5555
- Can you believe it’s already been a year? Call 555-555-5555 to schedule you annual check-up with Dr. Shepherd.
Physical Therapy Appointment Reminder Examples
- You have an appointment with Evan at Best Physical Therapy on [Appointment Date] from [Start Time] until [End Time]. Please wear loose fitting clothing. Reply 1 to Confirm or 2 to Reschedule.
- Reminder: Aquatic Therapy Session on [Appointment Day] at [Appointment Time] at Expert Physical Therapy located at [Location Address]. Please bring proof of insurance. Call 555-555-5555 to reschedule.
Dermatologist Appointment Reminders
- You have a skin check exam scheduled with Dr. Day on [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time]. Free parking is available in the Green parking garage on Levels 1-3. Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out new client paperwork. Reply 1 to Confirm, 2 to Cancel or 3 to Reschedule.
- Appointment Reminder: [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time]. [Location Address]. Reply 1 to Confirm, 2 to Cancel or 3 to Reschedule.
Schedule a 15-minute demo to see how it works.