Missing a hair or spa appointment that you’ve been looking forward to for days, weeks, even months (hello, balayage, we’re looking at you) is the worst. Especially when that appointment is due to sheer forgetfulness and not an unavoidable scheduling conflict. Maybe the baby got fussy or they got busy and time just got away from them. Regardless, no-shows cost you time and money. That’s why Apptoto provides online scheduling and customizable appointment reminder templates for salons, spas, barber shops, and more.
Salon Appointment Reminder Software
Send your clients reminders to make sure they know when and where to be for their appointment and avoid costly no-shows, late arrivals, and last-minute cancellations. By providing an easy way to cancel or reschedule their appointment ahead of time via our messaging services, you also allow yourself adequate time to refill that time slot and avoid a missed opportunity for income.
Online Booking for Salons and Spas
Scheduling services online is a great way to reduce stress in your clients before you even get a change to pamper them. Missed appointments can be particularly costly to spas, as many clients will reserve multiple treatments from a variety of providers within your business. But with Apptoto’s salon appointment software with friendly reminders and easy, advanced-notice cancellation options, you can protect your staff and provide a no-stress way to confirm appointments and remind them of arrival times.
Customized Text Reminder Tips and Tricks
Keep it Real.
You know your clients. Make your reminder sound like your brand! If you’re “hip and with it”, add some spunk to your wording. If you like to keep it classy, do just that.
Keep it Relevant.
The main function of an appointment reminder is to get your clients the information they need. Don’t convolute the message with unnecessary details like sales and promotions. There are other messaging avenues for that.
Keep it Short.
Apptoto SMS text messages can support up to 300 characters, but that doesn’t mean you have to use them all. Use what you need to get the information across.
Keep it Consistent.
Many of your clients will be repeats and will come to rely on your reminders. If you reminded them 3 days before their appointment and then again 1 hour before, that needs to be the cadence you continue
Hair Appointment Reminder Templates
- Hello Beautiful! Can’t wait for your haircut/highlight/blow out with me on [Appointment Date] and [Appointment Time]. Reply ‘Yes’ to Confirm!
- Hey [Client Name]! Don’t forget about your appointment for a [Hair Appointment Type] with Hair by Kristi on [Appointment Date] and [Appointment Time]. Please remember we only accept cash for gratuity. Reply 1 to Confirm or 2 to Cancel.
- This is a reminder from Kristi at Luxe Hair Salon. Your appointment is scheduled for [Hair Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time]. Please arrive 5 minutes early. Call 555-555-5555 to reschedule.
- [Client Name] – See you soon! You have an appointment with [Hair Stylist] on [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time] for a Full Highlight and Haircut. Please remember ColorBox Salon requires 24 hours advance notice for all cancellations. Call 555-555-5555 to reschedule.
Need help creating a cancellation policy? Check out our Anatomy of a Successful Appointment Cancellation Policy.
Barbershop Appointment Reminder Templates
- Hey [Client Name] – Quick reminder about your haircut with Dale at A Little Off the Top Shop on [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time]. Reply 1 to Confirm or 2 to Cancel or 3 to Reschedule.
- Reminder: Haircut with Dillon at Buzz Cut on [Appointment Time] at [Appointment Date]. Please arrive 5 minutes early at [Barbershop Location]. Call 555-555-5555 to reschedule.
- You are scheduled for a haircut and shave on [Appointment Date] from [Start Time] to [End Time] with Jack at The Barber of Seville. Reply 1 to Confirm, 2 to Cancel or 3 to Reschedule.
- Fresh Lettuce Alert: You’ve got an appointment with Brian at Blades Co. tomorrow at [Appointment Time]. We’ll have a warm towel waiting for you. Arrive 15 minutes early to enjoy a beverage and catch the game.
Text Reminder Examples for Spa Appointments
- It’s almost time to relax! Don’t forget you have an appointment with Mary at Zen Day Spa for a [Spa Treatment Service] at [Appointment Time] on [Appointment Date]. Reply 1 to Confirm, 2 to Cancel or 3 to Reschedule.
- Reminder: Your appointment for a [Spa Treatment Service] with Ken at Massage Spa is on [Appointment Date] from [Start Time] to [End Time]. Please arrive 15-minutes early to enjoy our complimentary beverages and relaxation room.
- You are scheduled for a 60-minute Massage and Facial at Orchid Day Spa on [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time]. Please remember Orchid Day Spa requires 24 hours advance notice for all cancellations. Call 555-555-5555 to reschedule.
- Appointment Reminder: 90-minute Hot Stone Massage at [Appointment Time] on [Appointment Date] with [Masseuse Name]. Reply 1 to Confirm or 2 to Reschedule.
Nail Salon Appointment Reminder Examples
- You are scheduled for a pedicure and manicure on [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time] at Pretty Nails. Please choose your nail color when you arrive. Gratuity paid in cash is preferred. Call 555-555-5555 to reschedule.
- Appointment Reminder: Pedicure at Nice Nails on [Appointment Date] at [Appointment Time]. Reply 1 to Confirm, 2 to Cancel or 3 to Reschedule.
Looking for more best practices? Download The Complete Guide to Appointment Reminders