The average wait time for a medical appointment is currently 26 days. When someone misses an appointment, it sets everyone involved back by a month. The patient has to wait for care, and the provider loses out on business. Even public services, like the DMV, require citizens to schedule an appointment up to a week in advance. If someone forgets an appointment time, the driver faces an expired license and additional fines.
For businesses, a missed deadline can lead to lost revenue and costly downtime. Companies that operate on an appointment basis rely on the timeliness and attention spans of clients to show up on time for each appointment. In the age of digital distraction, it is essential that busy people have a proven way to remind them about appointments, both individually and as a group.
How Appointment Reminders Work
There are several ways to send appointment reminders to your clients.
- Manually. By accessing the client’s information and appointment details, reminders can be sent through the preferred method of contact. While minimal cost is involved, this method is time-intensive and open to error and forgetfulness.
- Calendar Additions. Calendars and scheduling systems offer an automated booking message that records at the time the person makes the appointment.. Then, users must add those appointments to their personal calendars and receive reminders directly from those calendars. There is very little setup involved in the add-to-calendar method, but distraction and forgetfulness can interfere on the day of the appointment. One reminder is often not enough to prevent no-shows.
- Fully Automated Appointment Reminder System. A fully automated appointment reminder system lets the user set it and forget it. After the initial configuration on the provider’s calendar, reminders are set up in the system. The provider can tailor content, frequency, and timing of messages for maximum effect.
While each method of setting appointment reminders has its pros and cons, automated appointment reminders are the most reliable and customizable.
The Advantages of Using Apptoto Appointment Reminders Feature
Apptoto will integrate an existing workflow and calendar. It works in the background sending messages, collecting payments, reducing no-shows, and enabling clients to schedule and reschedule their appointments.
Businesses spend countless hours handling appointment reminders to reduce no-shows. Automated reminders save time and have a higher response rate than manual phone call reminders. When you make your calendar available to clients, they can book appointments online and at their convenience.
Two-Way Communication – This allows all committed parties to quickly and easily adjust meeting dates and times to keep normal disruptions to a minimum.
Reminders – Providers or supervisors can set the frequency and time intervals needed to keep busy people informed and on track.
Alerts – A shoutout can come in any format to ensure that people receive needed help to maximize efficiency throughout the day, week, and month.
Enhanced Marketing – Providers can coordinate campaigns and set up automatic reminders, sales announcements, and new product intros to go out at set times. There’s no need for the dreaded semi-cold call to the quiet clients.
Communicates with People and Calendars
Once you install Apptoto, the appointment reminder system extracts appointment details such as client name, date and time of appointment, and appointment type from the current calendar in use. After creating customized messages, the process will begin automatically reminding clients about appointments. When clients respond to reminders, the calendar updates itself to keep everything organized.
Apptoto sets up automatic reminders for you, your team, your partners, and most importantly, your customers. Alerts can be automatically sent via text messaging, and multiple numbers can simultaneously receive reminders. With a fully automated service, reminders can have translation programs in multiple languages depending on client preferences. When clients provide real-time intent to attend an appointment or meeting, it shows up on the scheduling calendar.
How to Send Appointment Reminders
Appointment-based businesses must stay top-of-mind for their clients leading up to scheduled appointments. One of the best ways to achieve this is to use the Apptoto Appointment Reminders feature.
- Connect your current calendar to the Apptoto Appointment Reminder system. The system will extract pertinent details concerning clients and appointments.
- Create reminder messages using Apptoto templates or start from scratch.
- Turn on the system to begin automatically reminding clients about appointments. Send the reminders at the best time of day to receive confirmation from clients.
Appointment reminders help eliminate no-shows, saving you and your staff hours each week.
Get Started with Apptoto
Apptoto lets you remain in complete control of your calendar and your appointments. Integrating seamlessly with most existing calendars, it provides online scheduling and automatic appointment reminders for a variety of industries including tax services, legal services, sales teams, salons and spas, educational services, and financial services.
Enjoy robust features and advanced settings with the fully customizable Apptoto Appointment Relationship Management System including.
- Multilingual messaging to satisfy your customers’ preferred language for doing business.
- Rule-based messaging to configure message activity dependent upon certain criteria.
- Multiple reserved numbers to fit needs.
- Auto replies for when clients take action.
- Two-way messaging that easily responds to clients from the Apptoto website or from real-time email notifications.
- Contact preferences for clients.